The HAC is COVID-secure
We are looking forward to reopening soon for weddings, events and show-rounds for groups of up to 30 people. Getting the HAC ready for events again has been a major undertaking and our team has worked tirelessly to ensure the venue is COVID-secure and Good to Go accredited.
We’re raring to get back to doing what we love (alongside the rest of the events industry), which is why it’s been so important to us to be able to instil confidence in our guests, clients and suppliers. Hosting or attending an event at the HAC has been made safe through rigorous new processes and routines that ensure venue-wide cleanliness and the mitigation of any risk.
Many of the new protocols will be carried out behind the scenes, however it’s vital some are visible as these will need to be followed by all visitors. We want to assure you that you can expect the same impeccable standard of service we’ve always delivered at events, and will work with you to create a day you and your guests can enjoy, regardless of the circumstances.
We are also prepared to host larger events and occasions from the provisional date of 1st October. Our protocols will continue to be reviewed and adjusted as necessary as guidelines and official advice changes. Please continue to check back to this page for the latest measures in place at our COVID-safe venue.
Our Safety Protocols
The safety of all our guests, clients and staff is the number one priority at the HAC. We have put several, thorough measures in place to ensure your event can be enjoyed confidently and totally free of concerns.
The processes currently in place include:
- A detailed Track-and-Trace system mandatory for all visitors that arrive on-site, as well as a card access system for HAC staff and members.
- Dedicated ‘Hygiene Hosts’ who will manage the access, flow and use of all toilet facilities. This includes monitoring queues and limiting persons present within toilet facilities, whilst enhancing customer service levels.
- Designated entrances and exits to all event spaces, where possible.
- An enhanced cleaning regime, which includes:
- All touchpoints being cleaned hourly as a minimum
- Toilet facilities being cleaned hourly as a minimum
- Bins to be emptied every two hours, as a minimum
- As well as further measures to enhance hygiene and cleanliness
- Extensive directional signage to help manage congestion around the venue.
- Additional informative signage throughout the venue to make visitors aware of extra actions they may be required to take.
- A tailored, ‘touch-free’ menu offering
- New service protocols for all catering staff (courtesy of Searcys, see below).
- Sanitiser stations have been installed at all access points to the venue, and at key points within the venue.
The HAC is "Good to Go" Accredited
“Good to Go" is the UK’s official accreditation for venues and hospitality businesses who have demonstrated they are COVID-secure and safe for events to return.
We are proud to have been able to meet the strict criteria (developed by VisitBritain) and be awarded the accreditation. It included having measures in place to ensure all aspects of the business are following current government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, as well as implementing processes to maintain cleanliness and ensure physical distancing rules are adhered to.
The mark is a signal that a venue has done everything required to create a safe and comfortable space for events.
Searcys, our in-house caterer, have developed their own robust framework for catering at events from now on. While catering has been adapted to follow current government guidelines, their plan is designed with guests at the forefront to ensure they can have the same enjoyable experience as always.
Their plan is broken down into five key parts:
- Enhanced cleaning and personal hygiene protocols for all staff.
- Physical distancing measures in place. Not only in workspaces and kitchens, but venue-wide.
- All returning team members must complete additional training regarding safety of guests and other staff. They must also have a ‘Fitness to Work’ declaration.
- A new (and exciting) touch-free menu as standard at events.
- A dedicated COVID-19 safety champion will be nominated at every venue. They will be responsible for ensuring these measures are adhered to by all.
We'd Love You to Say Hello
Our team has worked hard to ensure our historic London venue is ready to host events. We’re COVID-secure and “Good to Go” accredited, but if you have any further questions about attending OR hosting an event with us, don’t hesitate to get in touch with the team on 020 7382 1533 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.